Monday, July 12, 2010

Last Week...... Part 1

It is amazing how much fun you can have with someone who has an open mind. DAG is always amazing me with his connections and his curiosity. This week he came up with "I have an idea." He says it when he wants another book which he goes and gets or when he wants to rearrange his train tracks, room or add something new to a game he is playing. As an only child he is independent and plays well on his own. 

This past week he did a lot because I had a lot of supplies on hand. I was even able to finish his owl pillows.

Birdhouses and Bird Nests



We each painted a birdhouse and made bird nests with birds and eggs. DAG impressed me with his nest. We hung the bird houses and DAG asked for birdseed.

We also did a shirt project. We used the bathtub foam letters to spell his name and he used his Jeep to paint tracks across the shirt.

Experimenting with Color


DAG mixed the primary colors- red, blue and yellow first. Than he mixed them to make orange, purple and green. He did this several times and has asked to do it again.
Text Color
Volcano


I really liked this experiment and so did he but next time I am going to do it as a volcano. I will mold some homemade moon sand around the jar and have plastic dinosaurs around the base so when the volcano erupts he can see what a volcano really does. The recipe is simple: 1/4 cup vinegar, 4 teaspoons red jello and 2 teaspoons baking soda. Add in that order. I would recommend a smaller jar- 8 oz.  

No comments:

Post a Comment